Roman galley to visit Budapest this weekend
World's only working Roman galley arrives this weekend in Budapest
By: Erik D'Amato
The world's only working Roman galley is currently traveling down the Danube towards Budapest, where it will stop this weekend for a brief but memorable set of events celebrating the Danube's ancient river maritime heritage.
Auchan), which today produces technology as advanced as the ancestors of the visiting galley were - just before they were swept aside by the low-tech but high-energy Huns.
- The Roman Navy (Wikipedia.org, in English)
- Pannonia (Wikipedia.org, in English)
- Acquincum Museum (Caboodle.hu)
- Graphisoft Park (Official site, in Hungarian)
- Canoeing in Budapest (Caboodle.hu)
- Archaeologists discover possible Roman site in Northwest Hungary - 2008-10-20 08:05
- Setting sail for Lake Balaton - 2006-08-22 15:30