Pécs to hold vote on NATO radar station
A binding local referendum will be staged in Pécs this Sunday, March 4, on whether a NATO-funded radar station should be built on top of the nearby Tubes Hill. The referendum will be valid if more than half of eligible voters cast a ballot.
The above story is just one of more than two dozen published today by Hungary Around the Clock, the most comprehensive source of daily English-language news about Hungary. For a free trial of HATC, click here. Hungarian news sources include ; ; ; ; Magyar Nemzet; ; news and Hungarian television's nightly news broadcast.
- Supreme Court suspends NATO radar project - 2010-01-26 10:26
- Residents of Hungarian town set to prevent building of NATO radar station - 2008-06-11 09:39
- Hungarian defence ministry baffled by Tubes permit ruling - 2008-03-06 09:33
- Budapest Appeals Court puts NATO radar project on hold - 2008-03-04 09:23
- Hill blockaded to prevent NATO construction in Hungary - 2008-02-27 08:45
- Hungarian villagers vote against plans for clay mine - 2007-10-09 09:40
- Tubes radar building permit to be issued "within days" - 2007-06-12 11:16
- State president, opposition leader invited to Tubes meeting - 2007-06-06 10:01
- Pécs approves NATO radar station project - 2007-03-23 09:21
- NATO radar station to be built on Tubes Hill - 2007-03-07 15:25
- Locals sign petition against Tubes NATO radar - 2006-11-22 10:01
- Over 13,000 sign petition against NATO radar on Tubes - 2006-10-26 09:37