Demos staged for legalisation of cannabis in Hungary
Counter-demonstrators disrupted several protests demanding the legalisation of soft drugs on Budapest's Margaret Island and in Debrecen, Szombathely, Nyíregyháza, Pécs and Szeged on Sunday. The event was organized by the Hempseed Society as part of the international Global Marijuana March, with the New Generation of the Free Democrats also participating.
The above story is just one of more than two dozen published today by Hungary Around the Clock, the most comprehensive source of daily English-language news about Hungary. For a free trial of HATC, click here. Hungarian news sources include ; ; ; ; Magyar Nemzet; ; news and Hungarian television's nightly news broadcast.
- Hungarian Olympic champion retried on cannabis charges - 2007-11-21 09:10
- Christian Democrats urge boycott of insurers - 2007-08-09 10:38
- Hungarian marijuana advocates sue over demonstration - 2007-05-16 11:11
- Website invites counter-protesters to marijuana demo - 2007-05-11 09:55
- Marijuana activist stuns court - 2006-01-12 10:54
- Court fines drug campaigner - 2006-01-10 10:54